EA to CEO
A dynamic, confident, organised and energetic executive assistant (EA) needed to support a busy, entrepreneurial CEO and founder of a number of businesses. You need to be well organised, articulate and outgoing, full of ideas and quick thinking. As you will be first point of contact internally and externally, you will need to be a good communicator with people on the phone and face to face. The job is demanding in terms of workload and hours but extremely rewarding. Extensive international travel could be required.
- Communicating directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with internal staff, customers and partners.
- Extensive diary management with special attention to multiple time zones affecting the CEO.
- Schedule, organise and co-ordinate meetings.
- Organise travel, transport and hotel arrangements and arrange travel itineraries. Check and keep track of air miles, travel insurance and other schemes.
- Type and compose letters, memorandums, presentations, proposals and other documents (Filing and Secretarial).
- Dealing with ad-hoc admin queries.
- Support any special projects as directed by the CEO, which may include research, compilation of documentation for meetings and for travel, creating decks for top executive briefings, planning and logistics for the events team meetings and offsite, proofreading, etc.
- Researching, prioritising, and following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritising conflicting needs; handling matters quickly and proactively, and following-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Organise office management for our Hampton Wick Office.
- Able to cope with a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Experience and enthusiasm for the events and workplace industry or a related industry an advantage.
- Skills required include experience in administration, diary management, meeting minutes and advantageous to have languages.
- At least one year’s experience in an office environment.
- An ability to write clearly and concisely is important.
- Must be able to communicate well with people at all levels, including C-level executives.
- Must be able to assess priorities and manage under tight deadlines.
- Discretion, professional and personable attitude at all levels.
- Sound secretarial skills, including excellent Microsoft Office skills and PowerPoint.
- Highly organised and ability to work on own initiative: a ‘can do, will do’ approach to work.
- Diligent, accurate, methodical with a good eye for detail.
- A plus would be to have skills in graphic design or desktop publishing skills and book keeping.
Other role information
You will primarily be located at our Hampton Wick office, and occasionally at one of our other offices in London (St James Park and Kensington).
Pay and conditions
|Salary||£24-30K depending on experience|
|Bonus||Annual bonus related to personal and business performance|
|Paid leave||20 days annually plus public holidays|
|Contract||Full time contract|
Unwork specialises in creating the business case for new ways of working, challenging the established patterns of work and enabling businesses to understand the opportunity from agile working and alternative ways to organise work. One its core focuses is activity based working and the change management and technology enablers required.
We look at six key forces shaping work:
- Demographics and intergenerational working
- Company culture and work styles
- Property and workplaces
- Travel and the city
We provide unrivalled knowledge of global innovation in work and the workplace.
Unwork is part of UnGroup, a collection of brands (UNWIRED and Unwork) that focus on the impact of new technology and design on people, business and the built environment. Through consultancy and knowledge, it provides foresight in an uncertain world.
We now operate globally from our bases in London and New York, and have a client list that includes the majority of the top FTSE and Fortune listed enterprises.
Please apply by email with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download full job details and specifications.